There is lots of energy in First United around the issue of our General Council rejecting the Northern Gateway Pipeline project. It's been a busy and engaging week.
On August 26 we had a good conversation and survey of the broad issues involved in the pipeline project. Here's a link to an Information Summary Sheet, that was presented.
Our feelings are varied: frustration about lack of information, thankful for spaces to dialogue, impatience for action that responds to the media messages and hope for our congregation's faithful response in the weeks and months ahead.
I'm also hearing that we want to learn together,
lift up care of responsible care of creation, offer opportunities for the Fort community to engage the topic with diverse voices.
- Join one another in prayer for our community, denomination, our province, our world.
- Visit the website: www.northerngateway.ca The official Enbridge site dedicated to the issue.
- Read my pastoral invitation to the Fort community for ongoing dialogue toward understanding. (to be printed in the Fort Record next week)
- Join us for our first Learning Circle: Sunday Sept 9 (immediately after worship) We'll hear from engineers in our First United family who are studying the issue and will give us a common platform of information.
- Let me know how you'd like to get involved. firstname.lastname@example.org